With the sluggish economic recovery and fierce competition for talent, companies are looking at every opportunity they can find to cut costs. An area where you may be surprised to find savings? Your IT budget.
According to a CompTIA study:
- 46% of managed IT service users have cut their annual IT costs by 25% or more.
- 50% of managed IT service users have cut their annual IT costs between 1% – 24%.
But when it comes to managed IT services, there are a lot of myths and misconceptions floating around that may have you questioning if it’s worthwhile. Lots of people assume that quality outsourced IT firms are too expensive and don’t offer any return on investment.
Let’s face it, businesses exist to make money. No one likes spending those hard-earned profits unless it will provide benefits to the company. By extension, many executives view technology as a necessary evil. You need it to operate, but all that money you spend buying computers and calling techs to fix things goes straight down the drain. Right?
Wrong! (That is, as long as you’re being smart with your investments.) Deciding to offload responsibility to a managed IT provider is the smartest tech investment you can make. That’s because managed IT services providers (MSPs) can actually help you save money while reaping the benefits of having an entire IT department.
5 WAYS A MANAGED IT SERVICE PROVIDER CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS SAVE MONEY
1) By partnering with an MSP, you can take advantage of economies of scale and get access to enterprise-grade tools and technologies at a fraction of the cost. When you purchase these tools and technologies on your own, you often have to pay a premium. But when you partner with an MSP, you can get the same high-quality tools and technologies for a fraction of the price.
2) MSPs can help businesses reduce their software costs by consolidating licenses and negotiating better rates. They can also regularly work with other service providers on your behalf (internet, phone, printing, etc) for better rates and service.
3) MSPs provide expert consultation services that help businesses make more informed purchasing decisions. This leads to lower overall costs and less executive time spent on research and implementation of new technology or services.
4) MSPs can manage and monitor network devices and servers, ensuring that they are running at peak performance and consuming minimal resources. By optimizing their technology infrastructure, MSPs can help businesses operate more efficiently and reduce their energy consumption.
5) And finally, MSPs offer flat-rate pricing models which provide predictable budgeting for IT expenditures over the long term. Emergency or unexpected technology repairs and support often come with premium prices which can wreck carefully-planned budgets. You’ll also generally spend less on labor costs. Your managed IT service provider doesn’t need vacations, overtime, sick days, health care, time off, or any other expenses aside from your monthly bill.
The bottom line is that managed IT services can save businesses a lot of money and resources! If you’re not using an MSP, now is the time to start investigating the options and seeing how they can help you take your business to the next level.
And obviously, we’d love to find out if our managed IT services are right for you! If you want to start exploring, get in touch with us.